WKE (Middlesbrough) Ltd
This project involved a full fire protection fitout for a new-build SRF Pelleting Plant. WKE take solid recovered fuel (SRF) and process it through their state of the art facility to produce SIRF Pellets – which are an alternative to traditional fuels for the cement, power, steel and brick industries.
Blazequel designed, installed and commissioned a range of fire detection and suppression systems for all risk areas of this facility, including:
- A pumped water supply, flowing 9200lt/minute, with a total of 1.042 million litres of water stored onsite in dual tanks.
- A full fire sprinkler system, throughout all building and process areas.
- Automatic water cannons in the Feedstock Hall
- Process-line protection with spark/ember detection and suppression throughout the entire production process.
- Deluge protection within key conveyors.
- A full site fire detection and alarm system.
- Aspirating smoke detection within key electrical cabinets.
- Integration to the site gas shutoff valve, to close the valve in the event of a fire alarm.
- Integration to fire dampers between the Feedstock and Production Halls, to close these openings in the event of a fire alarm.
- Full integration between the fire systems and the plant SCADA.
If you have questions call us at +44 (0)1234 357357 or email us at email@example.com or book a free consultation with us.